Some fashion trends take off and stay relevant for a few…
While men traditionally are the ones to wear baseball caps, women can definitely pull the trend off as well. In fact, ball caps, when worn the right way, can appear sporty and fashionable. Wearing a baseball cap as a woman, however, is not necessarily an easy thing to do. If you just use it to cover up messy hair, it might come off as a little grungy. If you pair it with the wrong outfit, it might look forced.
If you want to get into the baseball cap scene but you’re not sure where to begin, here are some ways for women to correctly wear a baseball cap:
- Springtime Simplicity – This might be the easiest way to wear a baseball cap. Pair your ball cap with sunglasses, a comfortable sweater, and your favorite skinny jeans. This is the perfect outfit for going out on a spring day to watch a game, walk in the park, or window shop down Main Street.
- Hot Summer Look – A loose shirt, denim shorts, and sneakers are classic summer wear. Throw on a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap, and you will be the picture of relaxation.
- Add Some Edge – Sometimes when you’re going out, you want to look and feel a little edgy. A leather jacket combined with ripped jeans, a pair of boots, and a leather baseball cap would create a perfect look that pushes boundaries.
- It’s a Breeze – If it’s getting a little on the warm side outside, couple a short, striped dress with a ball cap. Pair the outfit with some comfy sneakers, and you are the poster girl for spring.
- Fabulous Fall – Denim jackets, like baseball caps, can add some spunk to an outfit. As the weather turns chilly, combine a warm, casual outfit with a denim jacket and a baseball cap.
- Sweeten up the Sweater – This ensemble is sure to make you feel warm and cozy as you go out for coffee on a chilly, autumn morning. Pair a long sweater, leggings, and sneakers with a baseball cap as you leave in the morning. The cap will keep your head warm and add a touch of country chic to your outfit.
- Fitness Fanatic – Your morning run doesn’t require you to wear baggy shorts and a sweatshirt. Be stylish when you venture out for your exercise. Wear your jogging pants with a tank top and a baseball cap for that sporty, athletic look. Your newfound sense of style might even invigorate your workout.
- Baseball cap with a ponytail – Many women wear a baseball cap to cover a bad hair day, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. You can wear your casual clothes and showcase your ponytail by wearing a baseball cap that will draw attention to it.
Baseball caps are no longer just the domain of men and tomboys. Ball caps, when worn the right way, can be a very trendy accessory for your fashionable outfits.