Some fashion trends take off and stay relevant for a few…
If you’re a fashion lover, winter could cramp your style. Your sense of fashion may take a backseat to simply staying warm. However, you don’t have to sacrifice style just because it’s cold outside. There are plenty of winter clothing items that are both hip and cozy.
Here are some stylish and warm wardrobe must-haves for the winter season:
- An overcoat and parka — One way to look professional and stylish while also shielding your body from the winter chill is to invest in a wool overcoat. The wool material will keep you warm on cold days. However, overcoats won’t do much for you if there’s heavy snow or rain. If the weather is wet, be sure to dress appropriately in a waterproof parka or puffy coat.
- Snow boots — If you live in an area that receives lots of snow, a reliable pair of snow boots is a must-have. There are many different kinds of boots to choose from that will complement your fashion choices. However, be sure to pick boots that have sufficient tread on the bottom for walking on icy sidewalks.
- A flannel shirt — A staple of lumberjacks and winter fashion for men and women is the flannel shirt. Depending on the type of shirt you get, the flannel could be made of a wool-cotton blend or synthetic fibers, which will keep you warm once temperatures drop. If you want to stay dozy, but don’t want to look like a lumberjack, some stores carry flannel shirts in solid colors.
- Tech-friendly gloves — Gloves are an essential wardrobe feature in the winter. If you don’t wear gloves, there’s a good chance your hands will get dry and start to crack, not to mention, your fingers will be cold. When looking for a good pair of winter gloves, invest in a pair that is tech-friendly. This feature will allow you to look at your phone without having to take off your gloves to do so.
- A scarf — Scarves are a versatile fashion piece that can serve a lot of functions. They can be a fashion statement, with popping colors, or can just be a method to keep your neck warm during the winter. Scarves help keep heat from escaping from the neckline of your jacket.
- A vest — One of the greatest layering pieces you can add to your winter wardrobe is a vest. Vests filled with down or fake down can be layered over shirts or sweaters to help warm you up during those unusually cold days. Generally, you cover a vest up with a larger coat. However, if you are prone to feeling cold indoors during the winter, you can keep your vest on inside while looking good.
- A warm sweater — One of the best ways to keep warm is to layer with a toasty sweater. There are many types of sweaters out there, made of a variety of materials and styles. Sweaters made of wool and similar materials help retain warmth. However, you should pick a sweater that keeps you warm and comfortable, while also suiting your fashion tastes.
- A beanie — No wardrobe is complete without a winter hat to keep your head warm. Beanies are the most popular hat to wear in the winter, as they keep your head and ears warm, while also being a stylish choice to complement many face and head shapes. Acme Hat Company has a variety of beanies to choose from to help keep you warm during the winter season.
Investing in the right winter wardrobe staples will help keep you toasty while also helping you look your best.