Think back through some of your memories of important “firsts”: Your…
Beanies are popular in fashion today because of their versatility. Not only are beanies comfortable, but they also come in a variety of styles, which helps them fit a broad range of personal fashion preferences. Their simple style also makes creating custom beanies easy.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before buying or wearing a beanie:
- While you may be making a fashion statement, beanies also serve the purpose of keeping your head warm, especially in the wintertime. To maximize warmth, fold your beanie along the entire edge. Doing so will create a thicker and warmer layer that will help protect your ears from any wind, while also keeping out any chill air that can contribute to sickness.
- If you plan on wearing a beanie a lot, be sure to choose a color that will go with more outfits. Black and brown are safe, neutral choices.
- The materials used to make the beanie will vary depending on the brand. Some beanies are made of wool-based yarns that could cause allergic reactions or skin irritation. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to find out what the hat is made of before making a purchase.
- If you are into high fashion, you may be looking at buying a veiled beanie. They are just as comfortable as a regular beanie, but if you’re not careful, your hair can get caught in the mesh of the veil. If you have bangs, tuck them into the beanie. If you have long hair, you can either roll it up it into the hat or press it down flat before donning the hat.
- Of all the types of hats in the world, the beanie is one of the easiest to make yourself. If you have conjured up the perfect beanie in your mind, but can’t find anything comparable in stores or online, try making it yourself. Following a pattern, you can knit a beanie that is unique and perfect for you.
As fall and winter approach, keep in mind the comfortable and versatile beanie for warmth and high style.