Think back through some of your memories of important “firsts”: Your…
There was a time when a person was not considered fully clothed unless he or she was wearing a hat. Over time, the popularity of hats has ebbed and flowed. During some eras, hats have played a very minor role in the apparel industry. In the last 10 to 20 years, however, hats have made a resurgence and are very popular. Hats have taken off because of marketing used by sports brands and teams, as well as companies of all types. At the same time, many celebrities have been donning hats as accessories, giving them even more traction. The following are some of the most popular hats and the influencers who use them.
- The Beanie – Beanies offer a close fit around the head which makes them perfect for cold winter weather or bad hair days. Beanies are often associated with skateboarders and snowboarders, but they are versatile enough to be worn by many different kinds of people.
- The Cowboy Hat – Aren’t cowboy hats a classic? You often see them in Western ‘cowboy-inspired’ movies, but they can be worn successfully by just about anyone. Even Duchess Kate Middleton was seen in a cowboy hat. This is one of the most recognizable types of hats. American cowboys working on farms and ranches were among the first to use and popularize the hat. Although these started out as work gear, they are now common wear in some parts of the country.
- The Baseball Cap – One of the most iconic people to wear this kind of hat is none other than Barack Obama. He was seen sporting an FBI baseball cap while going about his official duties. The baseball cap is one of the most accessible hat types on the market. If you own any hats at all, chances are at least one of them is a baseball cap. Sports teams, theme parks, and grocery stores sell these as part of their marketing campaigns. The popularity of sports teams is usually proportional to their sales of baseball caps.
- The Top Hat – Abraham Lincoln is famous for wearing the top hat. Top hats are truly a classic hat for formal wear. When wearing coat tails or a tuxedo, the top hat is a necessary accessory. Punk and rock n’ roll bands have also been spotted wearing this chic hat to gigs.
- The Bowler Hat – A bowler hat is rounded with a slightly bigger top and a brim that is upturned. Some of the most iconic people who have worn bowler hats include John Cleese and the Wright brothers. Belgian artist Rene Magritte features bowler hats in his paintings, and Prince Harry was even spotted wearing the classic bowler.
- The Beret – The beret hat is often seen among European fashion elites. It is a soft felt hat which is worn in numerous ways and exudes laid-back elegance. It is also worn by military men of rank in various countries. Ralph Lauren gave the classic beret new life by adding it to a recent fall collection. Now you can sport a beret and be fashionable.
- The Fedora Hat – Fedoras come with shorter brims and a top that’s folded. They are adorned by a silk ribbon around the base area. Movies during the 1950s featured actors wearing fedoras. In the Indiana Jones movies, the lead character is seldom without his well-worn fedora.
Hats really do come in every shape, size, and style. With proper consideration, they can accentuate and enhance any outfit. Be thoughtful as you accessorize with hats, and you’re sure to look the best version of yourself.
Baseball hats are soft and are made of soft fabrics that are sewn of several sections of fabrics. Also, the visor is usually used to protect the eye from the heated sun. However, baseball hats have several functions today, could be used to cover your messy hair or to create your new fashion statement. Find out more in this infographic.